Job ID: 2019-21333
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedsessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this role will assist in directing live and taped programs and program elements using studio automation. To operate production equipment technically and creatively and to lead activities of studio crews. Oversee studio productions for quality control. Work with producers to execute details of effective programs. Follow graphic format stylebook in production of programs. Direct and coordinate efforts of assigned studio personnel. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree between December 2018 and June 2019 with preferred concentrations in TV Production, Broadcasting, or other related field
- Experience in television field production preferred
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies
- Understand the concept of directing and/or technical directing live and taped studio productions using the studio automation system through accurate calling and coordination of video, audio and graphics elements for distribution across all platforms
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.