Redmond, Washington, United States
- Job number 570943
- Date posted Jan 9, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Business Development & Strategy
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Are you a thought leader who thrives on creative thinking and diligent execution? Are you ready to help drive strategic projects that shape our future? If so, come join the SMC Strategy team! The SMC team drives Microsoft’s business in the Small, Medium and Corporate customer segments through collaboration with our Field, Marketing, Product and Finance teams.
We currently have an opportunity for a Strategy Manager. In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the customer needs and align them to Microsoft’s strategic, technical, customer and partner priorities. This is an incredibly important role as successful execution of key projects will drive significant long-term value creation for the company.
You’ll be given the reach, freedom and inspiration to have a lasting impact on the world and make a difference. We’ll also give you the guidance and encouragement you need to accomplish your goals and accelerate your growth, and you’ll be encouraged to use a growth mindset in the face of challenges.
- Strategy Development: work with key stakeholders (field sales, partner team, marketing, finance) to develop a set of strategic plans and translate plans into go-to-market activities that can drive unique value for the field and SMC customer audiences. Develop a deep understanding of products, customers, and partners. Drive diagnostic rigor in decision making and use data to develop actionable solutions. Create frameworks and programmatic tools to tackle complex problems.
- Execution: plan and rigorously execute well-structured pilots and customer engagement programs. Work with stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and develop partnership opportunities in support of the strategy including developing the business case, structuring gives-and-gets, and communicating with stakeholders to secure buy-in. Drive alignment across teams to deliver on GTM strategy to SMC customers/partners worldwide.
- Thought leadership: understand and stay current on tech industry trends, competitive landscape and new product development efforts. Act as a thought leader on strategic topics. Be able to research, evaluate, document and present market trends and shifts.
- You are highly entrepreneurial, high-energy and self-motivated with the following skills: excellent business analysis experience, strong communication skills and experience developing strategic analysis and recommendations. You are autonomous, results oriented and have a demonstrated ability to work on a diverse team and with a diverse range of people. Business analysis and reporting experience within Microsoft is a plus. You will be highly visible in this position across SMC, Product groups and Microsoft subsidiaries worldwide. You will be a part of the dynamic, strategic SMC business at Microsoft and help craft the direction and success of that business in the future.
- You should have experience in analysis or finance in support of sales or marketing. You are willing to take on a big challenge with significant growth potential. Most importantly, you are a strategic thinker able to see opportunities and alternatives to leverage data and analytics in the business strategy.
- Passion and proven record for execution with measurable results and a focus on delivering impact
- Outstanding networking and interpersonal skills with ability to build positive working relationships across teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.