Redmond, Washington, United States
- Job number 570962
- Date posted Jan 10, 2019
- Travel None
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
The Azure Compute Organization is responsible for creating the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Platform responsible for providing hardware management, virtualized computational substrate, and fully automated service management.
The Azure Capacity Infrastructure Service team is looking for motivated engineers with a strong track record who are in search of an exciting environment working with innovative and revolutionary technology and interested in the challenges of building Azure clouds and want the chance to contribute to the fastest growing cloud platform on the market.
Our vision is to evolve the platform to meet the ever-growing needs of the Cloud and provide highly reliable, scalable, secure, and compliant platform to grow Azure capacity worldwide. We are investing in the development, and application of technology to grow the capacity for all of Microsoft services and are at the forefront of new hardware and software platforms coming to the cloud. Key responsibilities include interpreting designs into fully functional software, developing and supporting the software, and contributing technical expertise throughout design stages and development.
- Delivery of a reliable, scalable, secure Capacity Infrastructure Management solution for 1st and 3rd party customers
- Integration between various Microsoft services to support Azure capacity growth, and driving requirements to partner Azure Platform teams
- 2+ years of software engineering experience building scalable services, and applications
- 2+ years of experience developing software in C#/.NET/Java or C++
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- A BA or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.