Hyderabad, Telangana, India
- Job number 564918
- Date posted Jan 10, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
As part of Azure, the Production Infrastructure and Engineering (PIE) team, here at IDC, is at the forefront of Microsoft’s mission to create modern, customer-obsessed, data-driven systems. It is responsible for building real time monitoring services and solutions, which run at planetary scale, for Azure customers to monitor their workloads and applications in Azure and hybrid clouds.
We are looking for committed Software Engineers to join us as we evolve our state-of-the-art engineering systems, data platforms and analytical solutions. You will gain experience building high-scale, low-latency and reliable Azure services. You’ll get to work on the latest Azure technologies and work alongside a high caliber team of engineers. We are a modern blended engineering team with no shortage of opportunities to make a big impact on the way Microsoft and its customers do business.
ResponsibilitiesAs an engineer, you have an opportunity to work on the latest technology in cloud monitoring to build massively scalable, customer facing, cloud services. We need collaborative developers who can think big, deliver on those big challenges, and along the way, change the world. We are looking for engineers to build them from the ground up. Do you want to solve challenges that you didn’t even know existed until you get to a large size? Come join us on the Production Infrastructure and Engineering (PIE) team, here at IDC!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 1+ years of professional development experience in C OR C++
- 2+ years of experience in developing and shipping complex software systems.
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong passion for performance analysis, quality and engineering excellence at scale. Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers. Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
- Prior experience with designing and shipping highly scalable services is a plus.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Our code runs on hundreds of thousands of machines in multiple continents. Knowledge in distributed systems, including high-performance distributed storage, databases or networking is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.