Financial Products with its numerous locations worldwide, offers our clients comprehensive access to a large number of markets and asset classes. We focus on the development and distribution of structured products. Our products and investment proposals are created from experience and innovative thinking, which allows us to optimally address clients' needs.
As a founding member of the Swiss Structured Products Association SSPA/SVSP, our emphasis is on quality. With more than 100'000 products in Switzerland, Europe (Germany, Italy, Benelux and Nordics) and APAC (Singapore/ Hong Kong). Vontobel Financial Products is a market leader in Switzerland and Europe and has won several awards for its products. We also offer services relating to securities, forex and precious metals.
The international GTP "Trading and Engineering" contains four modules including one international stage and is primarily focused on an integrated training program within financial products as well as placements within the bank.
- Risk Management / Trading Equities
- Risk Management / Trading Fixed Income, Rates, Currencies
- Engineering & Development/ Structuring
- Digitization – Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning
- Master's degree in finance, economics, IT, business IT, mathematics or physics
- Dedicated for graduate functions, preferably with little relevant practical experience
- Interest in financial markets and financial products
- Analytical and structured thinking
- Pro-active attitude, team player, able to work under pressure
- Willing to complete additional training courses
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Good MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel
- CH or EU citizen
Insights from our graduate
- Banking and Finance (M.Sc.) from the University of Zurich
- Since 2013 in Financial Products at Bank Vontobel AG
- Is passionate about motorsports as a viewer, but drives as often as possible on his own
What convinced you about this program?
During my internships at some bigger Swiss Banks, I quickly experienced that trading was my area of interest. Other Swiss Banks only had a few open position in a career start role available plus it was always in a dedicated field like Fixed Income or FX with little to no possibilities to catch some experience outside of this particular field. When I discovered Vontobel’s GTP in Financial Products, I found my match. It offered the missing possibilities to get insights into FIRC- and Equity-Trading as well as Structuring. Plus I could gather some experience in fields like Business Development and Advisory.
What has been your personal highlight in your program so far?
At every stage during the GTP I was welcomed very warmly within the different teams and my coaches were always very keen to give me an insight on my way on how (work-)life could feel within their business unit.
I could not have gained more insights in so many different areas in banking in such a short time anywhere else than at Vontobel.
What is your advice for anyone interested in this GTP?
Enjoy all the stages, get to know as many people as possible. You are ahead of two very exciting years.
Apply via the "Apply now" button below!