Requisition Number: 154008
Position Title: Intern General
External Description:Job Responsibilities
- Work in a highly iterative and collaborative environment to develop features for The Sims Alexa skill. https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-The-SimsTM/dp/B07MTHFW4G/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-skills&ie=UTF8&qid=1547777792&sr=1-1
- Write software requirement and technical design documentation.
- Work with franchise leaders to continue building unique content for a game that delivers to a large demographic of simulation playing patterns.
- Working towards a BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- Experience in using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
- Excellent game systems programming skills. Demonstrate technical abilities with projects implemented in C++, Python, C#, Java.
- Experience in a hands on development role in an engineering team.
- Demonstrable experience releasing and maintaining products using cloud software services (e.g. Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform).
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence libraries.
- Passion for finding solutions via conversational bots / Virtual Private Assistants, AI/ML/cognitive services, and collaboration platforms. They want to champion positive change in the entertainment experience.
- Intimate experience using traditional AWS services: Lambda, DynamoDb, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud9.
- Familiarity with AWS language and speech services like Polly, Lex, Alexa SDK.
- Passion for implementing player first experiences.
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during development.
Community / Marketing Title: Intern: Maxis Sims - AWS/Software Engineer Intern (BS/MS Degree)
Company Profile:Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-22 00:12:56.08
EEO Employer Verbiage:EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US