Requisition Number: 152552
Position Title: Intern General
External Description:Network Automation Engineer Intern
About EAEA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
About Game Development & Infrastructure Services (GDIS)
A division of EA IT, GDIS has an exciting vision that is centered on creating the Best Game Creator Experience in the industry. Our strategy focuses on making a Game Creation Experience platform for Game Developers, Artists and QA/Testers across EA, and built on the foundation of a Virtual Studio powered by the Cloud enabling game creators to develop Any Title, Any Time, Any Where. These capabilities will directly contribute to EA’s business strategy focused on Live Services, Continuous Title Release/Delivery, and consumption of gaming through the Cloud and Subscription services.
The challenge aheadEA is seeking a talented and passionate Network Automation Engineer Intern who will be responsible for the development of a roadmap outlining the strategy and plan of approach to automate all interactions with network infrastructure, and begin working on the concepts to prove its viable and achievable.
This non-incumbent, specialist role will join a global network engineering team who are responsible for architecture, design and delivery of corporate network services for data center and branch offices in a mission-critical enterprise. The successful candidate will be crucial to designing and deploying effective automation solutions for these network services.
Responsibilities of the role include: requirements gathering, planning, assessing and mitigating risks, configuration and deployment of global network automation platforms and systems. There will be full ownership of the network-specific automation product and service lifecycle.
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience creating “software defined” network infrastructure
- Broad knowledge and experience in scripting and programming with Python and shell script
- Skilled at working with multiple encoding formats such as JSON and XML
- Experience of interacting with network devices through Rest API’s and/or Pipeline (gRPC)
- Knowledge of YANG, NETCONF, and RESTCONF, working knowledge and demonstrated experience
- Knowledge of integrating existing network and infrastructure management platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, GIT, and code-sharing
- Ability and desire to contribute creative ideas to solve technical and business problems
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and listening); able to effectively share information
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, and drive to perform and demonstrate results
Desirable skills and experience
- Network related certification e.g. Cisco associate and professional level, passion for networking
- Knowledge of public cloud ecosystems e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, especially network virtualization therein
- Experience using automation and orchestration software e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience of managing data through query language and manipulating data flows
- Advanced knowledge in additional programming languages
Successful internship will be defined by
- Measure and map most common network configuration interactions to automation
- Design and deliver highly available, resilient, and secure network automation capability that is cutting-edge
- Must be able to document and share code, solution design, and usage with network engineering and operations
- Deliver full knowledge transfer of accomplishments before end of internship, metric for success is measured by the usage of network engineering and operations staff to their benefit: productivity gained, reduced errors, etc. and a sustainable operating and support model for the automation platform.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
- Where we are located? Orlando, Florida
Don’t just play it, be part of it!City:
State:Community / Marketing Title: Intern: Network Automation Engineer - BS or MS
Company Profile:Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-06 01:43:19.513
EEO Employer Verbiage:EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US