DescriptionFor over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beachOn April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
We believe great work comes from incredible people. We’ve established a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building significant client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. Let’s shape the future of commerce together.
Job Title: EE Modular Design EngineerResponsibilities:
- Responsible for parts selection, design simulation, schematic capture, BOM maintenance and PCB layout review
- Create test plan and conduct board level circuit design and development of a POS terminal
- Documentation of design files and theory of operation
- Board level debug and field returned failure analysis
- EMC debug to comply with CE/FCC standard
- Preferred master degree of Electrical Engineering in a related field with 5 or more years of hardware design engineer.
- Knowledge of embedded system design and hardware components such as: Signal Integrity design and validation, ARM based chipsets, Touch Screen display, System Power design, especially with analog circuit design ability.
- Understanding of various communication channels, including but not limited to RS232, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, I2S, and SDIO.
- Experience with EE CAD tools for schematic design, simulation, and PCB layout review.
- Ability to supervise, review, and influence the PCB designs
- Ability to work with vendors on evaluation platforms for integration of new technologies.
- Knowledge of the POS industry is a plus.
- Works independently
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://global.verifone.com/company/careers/