Description Qualifications How to Apply
As a Customer Service Undergraduate Intern for the CIA, you will work for Imaging & Publishing Support (IPS), an Intelligence Community (IC) Publisher that provides traditional and digital printing, online publishing, multimedia support, photographic support, digital archiving, design support and copier management services to the CIA, IC, and other federal government agencies. IPS provides a vital service to the IC and national policymakers by publishing Studies in Intelligence, the CIA’s Agency Financial Report, the IC’s Congressional Budget Justification Books, and time-critical mission, relevant-finished intelligence.
IPS's Customer Service Center (CSC) requires an energetic and self-confident officer to serve as a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to promote IPS services and to serve its ever-expanding customer base. Interns will work closely with senior CSRs to obtain an overview of CSC to included estimating and planning customer requirements for printing, innovation, digital, and graphic design services. Throughout their tenure, interns will gain insight into IPS's variety of products and services, monitor customer inquiries and the status of customer requests, and learn skills require to estimate project schedules and cost. Offices of the CIA - Directorate of Support
The Directorate of Support (DS) provides everything the CIA needs to accomplish its critical mission of defending our nation. The DS provides business operations support to Agency components including all aspects of security, logistics, facilities, finance, education, medical services and human resources. Learn more about the Directorate of Support. See our work in action:
Click to watch the video on a separate page. Life at CIA
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We're on the forefront of world-altering events – as they happen. So working here isn't just a job, it's a mindset and a lifestyle.
US citizenship required (dual-national US citizens eligible). All positions require relocation to the Washington, DC metro area. Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience working with print business handling customer orders, correspondence or working within copier supply business
- Academic studies in graphic technology
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as the candidate must have the ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Ability to assess customer needs, identifying potential opportunities to promote new services to new and current customers
- Ability to develop lasting relationships with customers to instill customer loyalty and create referrals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships within your unit and across business areas
- Ability to focus on details in a multifaceted environment with ever-changing priorities
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and apply it appropriately
- Sound judgment, independence in decision-making, organizational and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work at all IPS locations; availability to work multiple shifts, overtime when required, and be on call
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in all situations
- Demonstrated briefing skills to support IPS marketing tours as well as capabilities briefings
- Ability to work independently, with effective time management and resource management skills
- A thorough medical and psychological exam
- A polygraph interview
- A comprehensive background investigation
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last 12 months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
If you are ready to apply, add this position to your job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click "Apply Now" before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account.
DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.
Important application instructions for this position:
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred):
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Two (2) different writing samples, each five (5) pages MAXIMUM, single spaced, technical or analytic papers. You may excerpt longer papers.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are seeking employment with the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. Once you reveal your interest you lose control of that information. We ask all applicants to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the CIA. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Watch the Application Process videos on a separate page.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workforce.