Graduate Production Parts Logisitics Planning
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Evere)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
- You have a Bachelor with Engineering/Logistics/Supply Chain/ Economics or Business Management background
- You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
- You are very highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills (Excel & Access).
- As a self-starter you demonstrate pro-activeness and ownership in projects
- You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement and generate new ideas with deep analysis
- You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
- You are a creative and challenging person with ability to see beyond current processes and operations
- You have strong planning and organizing skills
- You are European-minded and willing to travel (<15%)
- You have a driving license
- You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
- You enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- You have excellent communication skills
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- have excellent communication skills
Your team and your responsibilities
Team/division description:The Production Parts Logistics Division is responsible for; monthly logistics network planning, high quality, safe operations, monthly network design in Just In time philosophy. Job scope is collection of 600+ European suppliers parts and deliver to each of the 4 Vehicle Plants (in UK, France, Czech & Turkey), 3 Unit Plants (UK and Poland) and Other Regions (Japan, South Africa, Russia, etc) considering best supply chain solutions. Toyota Production System (TPS) considers Logistics as the core of the supply chain to achieve Just-In-Time. The division is split into different Regional Teams for Logistics (UK, Turkey, West and Mid Europe) and Export.
Your responsibilities:You will join one of our Planning & Operations teams where you will be responsible for the monthly planning of our parts logistics operations in Europe. Within your scope of responsibilities, will also be the monitoring of our operations through KPIs analysis and also by shopfloor observation and study activities at our Cross-Docks. In addition your challenge will be to Identify and implement ways to kaizen our supply chain focused on Quality, Cost or Delivery Improvement.
- Learn and professionally use Toyota Logistics Planning system
- Learn and fully understand Toyota’s Logistics network and specific operation standards to ensure application through the logistics network you are responsible for.
- Acquire a deep understanding of Just-in-Time (JIT).
- Define strategies to achieve Toyota main Logistics Pillars, Even Pitch, minimum lead time, max efficiency and flexibility.
- Consense the improvement ideas with the key stakeholders.
- Implement the kaizen and confirm the achievement of target.
Place of employment:Belgium - Brussels (Evere) : Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed