What you do at AMD changes everythingAt AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Microprocessor Physical Design EngineerAMD’s Cores Organization delivers industry leading CPU’s and caches that are the foundation of AMD’s server, client, and gaming business. We are looking for a new college graduate to join this innovative team. The candidate will be a key contributor for AMD’s next generation cores and caches. The candidate will join the team based in Fort Collins, CO.
- High speed VLSI design in deep submicron FinFET processes.
- Work closely with chip architects and designers across multiple sites to optimize power, performance, area, and schedule.
- Solve design and tool problems requiring ground-breaking approaches and champion innovation across the organization.
- Create technical presentations for peers and management.
- Knowledge of basic electrical engineering principles
- Knowledge of VSLI design concepts & tradeoffs.
- Familiar with programing languages such as Perl, C, tcl, etc.
- Basic understanding of computer architecture
- Knowledge of high speed flops, synchronizers, level shifters, and SRAM.
EDUDATION & EXPERIENCE:BS/MS in EE, CS, CSE (or similar)
Requisition Number: 72547
Country: United States State: Colorado City: Ft Collins