Requisition Number: 154655
Position Title: Assoc Software Engineer
Main Purpose of the RoleA successful candidate for the Associate SE position will help developing pipeline tools and creating or modifying contents or assets to ensure the seamless delivery of all localized versions of EA’s games. Sometimes, will also help developing game runtime code or core gaming technology (Unity or Frostbite among others). This person should be able to research and help providing solutions in projects on their early stages of development, and be able to dig in code, tools and assets for the actual causes of problems. The candidate should also have good communication skills and should be able to communicate with multidisciplinary teams worldwide.
This position requires being able to adapt quickly across different languages, gaming technologies, platforms and frameworks. An ideal candidate would also be proactive, self-driven, passionate about software development and problem-solving issues, and have some experience on gaming technologies or mobile development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Help developing and maintaining localization libraries, tools, games and pipelines in a wide variety of languages (C# mainly, C++ occasionally)
- Find solutions to actual problems. Research proactively and dig in code or assets for the actual cause of an issue.
- Work closely with worldwide, interdisciplinary teams, proactively documenting and sharing the knowledge.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good Software Engineering skills (C++ required, C# is a plus)
- Good knowledge of development environments (Visual Studio mainly and XCode a plus)
- Knowledge of video game platforms and technologies (PC and mobile platforms ideally, consoles are a plus)
- +2 years of proven professional experience in software development projects using OOP (e.g. .NET Framework or C++) as a software engineer.
- Experience in the video game industry or mobile development (iOS, Android, Windows Phone).
- Team player.
- Ability to adapt easily and quickly to new projects and changing technologies and conditions
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to justify and account for decisions and achieve peer consent.
- Self-directed, self-starting, proactive
- Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively.
- Attention to detail, focused on quality and customer experience.
- Ability to manage time effectively and demonstrate proper sense of urgency.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Company Profile:Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened:EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, ES