Requisition Number: 154487
Position Title: Senior Accountant I
Consolidations and project accountant
EA is one of the world’s largest video game publishers and we at EA is committed to creating games and services for every platform (from mobile go console) to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand.EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games.
Role overviewThis role will be part of the Asia Controllership team, reporting directly to Accounting Manager in Singapore. The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with the wider Asia controlling team on monthly, quarterly and year end activities for consolidation reporting and supporting global reporting requirements to corporate teams, purchasing and policy review support as well as ad-hoc projects.
- Support appropriate application and documentation of US GAAP across Asia entities
- Document and review internal control documentation across the region
- Ensure Asia controllership follow global financial policies and implement the changes and improvements when necessary
- Maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Manage the preparation of the monthly consolidated reports and work closely with Asia controllership team who are based in different locations to get the understanding the country movements. Present this during monthly close meetings.
- Manage the coordination Asia Cashflow forecasting by collating the forecast from local entities, review and consolidate this to be presented to Asia Controller for further review
- Manage the Global Reporting requirements that need to be input by local entities, consolidate the reporting and present this to Global Corporate finance
- Work closely with Asia controllership team and business partners for global aligning process, improving documentations, and other assigned special projects
- Support purchasing reviews and negotiations as appropriate
- Support ad-hoc projects
- Back up for accounting teams across the region
Technical skills and experience
- Degree in Accountancy
- Accountancy Certified like CPA, ISCA, ACCA or working towards attaining accountancy certified preferred
- accounting experience in a multinational organization
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Exposure to buying/purchasing would be a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting will be a plus
- Good team player
- Independent, proactive with strong initiative and positive working attitude
- Competency in PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Consolidations and Project Accountant
Company Profile:Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened:EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, SG