DescriptionFor over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beachOn April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
We believe great work comes from incredible people. We’ve established a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building significant client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. Let’s shape the future of commerce together.
Job Title: AP AccountantEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the close process
- Prepare, code and record journal entries in GL
- Perform data balancing activities
- Reconcile / analyze general ledger accounts
- Provides audit support specific to Accounts Payable
- Monitor and execute internal control procedures
- Functional knowledge of the AP accounting processes
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of internal control elements
- Functional knowledge of the process
- Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
Educational & Experience
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, with 3+ years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle Accounts Payable
- Experience in accounting and financial systems
- Experience in interfacing with business customers in defining general ledger, account and reporting requirements
- Experience in Procure to Pay process improvement and application systems implementation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Customer service focused
- Problem solving / resolution
- Continuous process improvement
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://global.verifone.com/company/careers/