Job Description - Sr. User Experience Designer (19WD32437)
Sr. User Experience Designer19WD32437Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Senior User Experience Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA - United States
Job ID: 19WD32437
Position OverviewThe Senior User Experience Designer at Autodesk is an innovative futurist, an accountable product owner, a creative thinker, a supportive mentor, a self-motivated team player, and a skilled SCRUM partner all rolled into one. Our user experience designers use creative problem-solving skills to continually challenge the team to think beyond the expected, and ship high-quality experiences our customers will love. They’re seasoned leaders with expertise in facilitating conversations to solve complex problems.
This Senior User Experience Designer will work on strategic initiatives to create cohesive and scalable customer experiences that can be leveraged across product lines. The role will require top-notch interaction design skills, along with a strategic mindset and ability to collaborate with different product teams. This position is in San Francisco, CA, USA.
Autodesk BIM 360 is revolutionizing the construction industry with a powerful platform of inter-connected applications that allow architects, general contractors, sub-contractors and owners to collaborate better and leverage the power of BIM (Building Information Model) to dramatically improve project delivery, increase quality, reduce risk, and increase margins. This is a really big deal for the world’s largest and most dangerous industry! We are building a brand-new suite of rich mobile/web applications designed to completely change the way construction gets done and help our customers build a better world.
- Evaluate and identify the intersection of business needs, customer needs, and technical opportunities.
- Actively design and build products by working closely with product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Create compelling artifacts (wireframes, conceptual diagrams, task flows, storyboards, prototypes, documentation, etc.) that outline present conditions and proposed solutions to gain strategic alignment and encourage innovation within and across the organization.
- Meet with customers and development partners to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Participate in the continuous improvement of customer experience tools and processes, and scalable experience design standards
- Assist in customer research activities during the planning, strategy development, and early design of solutions
- Partner with development teams and business leaders to drive successful implementation of great experiences in our software and services
- Participate in design-thinking exercises to break through organizational silos and collaboratively solve complex design challenges
- Be a part of the delivery scrum for your product area
- 2-5 years of professional design experience
- Ability to visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams
- Ability to present designs to a wide range of audiences, including software development, quality assurance, learning content development, marketing, and sales
- Ability to work in agile and fast-moving design environment
- Up-to-date expertise in human-centered design best practices
- Familiarity with customer research methods
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in interaction design, new media design, or related field
- Experience working with architecture and manufacturing products and services
- Experience with SCRUM software development process
- Experience working with global teams across multiple time zones
- Experience on large-scale enterprise solution
- Experience with Autodesk products
About Autodesk With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world
User Experience & Design
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.