Job Description - Customer Success Specialist (19WD31945)
Customer Success Specialist19WD31945Americas-United States of America-Colorado-Denver
Customer Success Specialist
Location:Denver, CO - United States
Job ID: 19WD31945
Position OverviewReporting to an Inside Sales Manager, the Customer Success Specialist is a key role to driving onboarding, adoption and retention of core products/solutions by providing post-sales guidance and initiatives directly to customers in a select sales territory
Managing a portfolio of a few hundred customers and interacting directly with customers via phone, he/she will help at-risk customers promote overall customer satisfaction, product adoption, retention, and renewals mainly in the small business and very small business segment
The role has a variable commission scheme based on product utilization, customer retention and other key metrics
The role will partner with Sales on account and territory planning and provide customer health leadership, handle escalations on at-risk customers, strategize on 1:many Customer Success Initiatives and be a resource on how best to leverage Customer Success Resources
- Ensure that customers derive maximum value from their investment in Autodesk Solutions, utilize all their licenses, identify new opportunities, ensure renewal and collaborate with other teams to ensure growth attainment
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Autodesk solutions and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Monitor customer usage data, health indicators, renewal dates and growth opportunities and translate into strategies for success
- Manage and collaborate interdepartmentally to resolve at-risk Customer escalations
- Responsibilities may include providing or scheduling activation and/or product training, conducting customer health checks, identifying opportunities to expand relationships, up-selling/cross-selling new products and requires an elevated level of influence over the customer lifecycle through renewal
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation and end user adoption
- Conduct outbound customer calls with a required minimum number of calls daily
- Use Salesforce.com to document all customer opportunities and customer activity
- Maintain Salesforce.com opportunities using probability definitions embedded to categorize opportunities accordingly to accurately forecast against plans and targets weekly
- Build strong relationships for business planning with extended team
- Respond to partner and customer inquiries in a professional and prompt manner
- Build strong customer relationships for repeat business
- *The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its activities.
- 1 -2 years previous customer success, sales, and/or renewals experience in quota bearing environment
- Experience interacting with clients of all levels, in a variety of industries and across a broad geographical area
- Ability to forge strong customer relationships and insights over the phone
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Collaborative and consultative work style, ability to thrive in a high velocity, highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to link business processes with product/technical solutions
- Deep understanding of customer success principles, approaches and considerations
- Experience with complex, escalated customer situations, ability to navigate large organizations and gain executive level buy-in
- Knowledge of sales organizations and approaches
- Strong phone skills required
- Strong verbal and written skills required
- Experience in the software or saas sales or renewals environment
- Program or Project Management skills are an asset
- Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Curiosity – someone who wants to learn and is naturally curious
- Elevated level of integrity
- Self-motivated and driven to high performance
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Emotional intelligence exhibited via phone-ability to establish oneself as a trusted advisor for the customer
- Background needs to be in customer facing roles including account management, customer support, product management and sales;
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed in order to build the strong relationships, particularly with field organizations and business partners, which will be critical to success.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in managing issues, scope, and quality while bringing areas of responsibility and tasks to completion under strict deadlines
- Highly proficient computer skills including internet, SFDC, email, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking with the ability to quickly adapt and learn.
- Ability to think outside the box as needed with an instinct for innovation
- Ability to build collaborative relationships within sales as well as sales support to facilitate better customer experience
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – form design professionals, engineers, and architects to digital artists, students, and hobbyists. We constantly explore new way to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.