Media Relations Specialist
Let's create change together.Nothing beats being part of positive change. We’re on a truly exciting journey, working together in a fast-paced global environment to break new ground in almost every aspect of our operations. Right now, we have an exciting job opening for you in [[filter2]]
- Volvo’s mission is to be the world’s most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people’s lives less complicated. Here at Volvo we are looking for individuals that want to be a part of this progressive change as well as be talented, committed and fun spirited when joining our globally diversified workforce. Employees at Volvo Car Inc. are the key component to our current and future success. We still continue to follow the initial core values instilled by our founders Assar Gabrielsson and Gustaf Larson (Gothenburg, Sweden Circa 1927). Everything we do here at Volvo starts with people in mind. We are looking for employees who are analytical, interpersonal, technical and teamwork driven to join the Volvo family and by providing our employees with a foundation for success we can help develop the latest and greatest innovations to the car manufacturing market.
- This media relations specialist will support the VCUSA Corporate Communications team as it works to promote the company’s business, values, products, and technologies among the media, consumers, business partners and other stakeholders, while protecting it against negative media coverage and other business threats.
- Regular phone and email interaction with journalists pitching stories
- Coordination of and attendance at various interviews between Volvo spokespeople and media
- Project coordination of external messaging distribution
- Establish trusted relationships with key print, digital and broadcast media in consumer, tech, lifestyle, luxury and automotive media
- Assist in strategic planning of message distribution, tactics, KPIs and provide guidance to Media Relations Manager and VCUSA executives as necessary
- Compile and “own” media reporting; compiling necessary clip reports as necessary and maintaining databank of press quotes
- Assist with other communications tasks as needed
- Excellent writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Outgoing personality, willing to make mistakes in order to learn
- Familiarity with MSOffice and PR tools (e.g. Cision)
- Major or college degree in Public Relations, Marketing Communication or other related field
- 1 year work experience in a related field a plus
- Interest in cars and the auto industry a plus
- Licensed US driver with a clean driving record.
Who are we?Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.