Our ACT company ACT Financial Solutions provides financial solutions for environmental compliance, corporate sustainability and trading in commodities derivatives. It is an investment firm fully licensed by AFM and DNB, conducting investment services and activities in Commodities, Energy-Derivatives, Emission Allowances and Energy Efficiency Certification. We focus on servicing our corporate clients across almost all countries in Europe.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
To further strengthen our compliance programme, we are looking for you, a talented young professional with the ambition to have a career in financial market compliance combined with a deep-dive into the world of trading of environment related instruments.
With an Bachelor or Master, preferably first experience in the financial industry and a strong interest in markets and its regulatory systems you could be our match. If you are also a fast learner with analytical skills and conceptual understanding.
Your role will be broad and involve all areas of compliance, you will operate the compliance programme of ACT Financial Solutions, conduct daily monitoring activities, be involved in the development of policies and procedures and support risk assessments. The rules and regulations of the financial market such as MIFID II, MAR and EMIR is your constant reference and companion. This role is guided by and reports to a senior compliance professional. As we are crazy about education, this role will give you the opportunity to develop towards a rounded compliance officer in the inspiring world of financial markets and the trading of energy commodities.
What you have to offer:
- Bachelor or Master (e.g. economics, law, business administration)
- Preferably first experience in the financial industry (0-3 years)
- Understanding of financial markets and (preferably) trading
- Assertiveness to regulation
- Eye for detail / precise
- Persuasive communication skills, able to challenge
- Assertiveness and professional curiosity
- Excellent Dutch and English skills
- Ability to prepare compliance reports
What we have to offer:
- Ambitious international team with collaborative spirit
- Stimulating working environment with a lot of opportunities;
- Work in the world’s fastest growing and most dynamic commodity markets;
- Coaching sessions are offered on a weekly basis;
- Well located office in the financial hub of the Netherlands (walking distance from train station);
- Friday afternoon drinks in our in-house bar and external locations.