Requisition Number: 154493
Position Title: Intern General
External Description:Data Analyst – DevQA Team
About EAIt’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-up-on-end-exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches-challenging. Its stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: Play. We’re EA—we’ve been making games for decades but you wouldn’t know that walking through our studios. We’re still buzzing with the same innovative spirit we began with, though we’ve learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world’s best games. What began as a small group of people determined to “put real life in a box” has become an 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization delivering on that very dream. If you’ve played The Sims lately, you know exactly what we mean. And if you’ve played Battlefield 1, maybe you’d say that we’ve done real life one better.
The challenge aheadThe Data Analyst role, in Testing & QA organization, will be responsible for assembling data from multiple sources, conducting analyses, performing research, interacting with different internal customers, designing, documenting, and implementing analytical solutions, as well as compiling and presenting results, in graphical and written summaries, to a variety of audiences. You will be responsible for building metrics reporting systems and for tracking process improvements across the organization. You will excel in a fast paced environment, managing multiple responsibilities and deadlines in an internationally based team. The ideal candidate would be an effective communicator who combines solid technical skills with pride in excellence, who also demonstrates the potential to grow into a client-facing consulting role and/or an analytical consulting role (i.e. development of simulation models).
Position OverviewConduct analysis using statistical software, databases, and spreadsheets
- Design, evaluate and monitor key metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Build and analyze live dashboards and reports
- Develop and maintain scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, transform data from different sources
- Assemble and maintain databases to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Create, operate and maintain script-driven methodologies for the generation of analysis and reports.
- Perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency
Preparation of “client ready” deliverables
- Prepare professional results in presentation and document format
- Quality assurance on final results for consistency and accuracy
Interacting with clients and client organizations
- Dealing with data providers in internal client organizations, specifically in the development of data requests, checking of data received, and follow up with data providers on data issues.
- Dealing directly with clients on projects involving technical methodologies
- Presenting results to clients in a clear and respectful manner, and maintaining professionalism in collecting feedback
- Project management and quality assurance of active projects
- Data Analysis - good knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions - or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods
- Strong math and analytical skills including statistics, simulation, and optimization - Understanding of correlation, regression, classification and other statistical methods used to look at the data from different angles for use in prescriptive and predictive models
- Experience in working with large operational data sets, involving categorical data for solving classification problems, is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Tableau, and/or Power BI.
- Unstructured Data handling - Know best practices on how to stage unstructured data and properly model it to solve the problem at hand
- Ability to prepare professional documents and presentations using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Takes pride in achieving excellence - detail oriented, organized, careful and takes mistakes seriously
- Self-motivated and self-driven, with demonstrated ability to quickly and independently learn new concepts
- Thrives in challenging situations, considers them as opportunities for growth, and deepens its knowledge in the process
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to start and maintain strong partnerships between valuable customers
- Strong written and verbal communication and skills – ability to tell a compelling story supported by data
- Professionalism in working with clients and working in a team environment
Applicants are encouraged to highlight how they meet these requirements in their cover letter.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Flexible working hours (expectation to work and align data across global locations)
- Experience in leading challenging projects under tight deadlines
- Experience working in an international team
- Project management and process improvement experience
- Games industry experience
We thought that you may want to know about:Location: Bucharest, Romania
Working schedule:April – June – Part time working hours (flexible and to be confirmed) and
July – September – Full time working schedule
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst Intern
Company Profile:Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened:EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bucharest, RO