Graduate Purchasing & Cost Vehicule Logistics Group
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Evere)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
- Master in Engineering/Logistics or any related field
- You are a career starter (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
- Knowledge of Excel (pivot table, Vlookup…)
- Valid EU Driving License is required
- Proficiency in English, any other European language is an asset
- Strong numerical, logical and analytical skills
- Process-oriented, proactive attitude
- Ability to develop creative ways for operational and cost improvement
- Ability to solve operational issues.
- Ability to work independently, yet manage projects as part of a team
- Have strong planning, coordination and organizing skills
- Strong communication skills in an open and professional way
- Able to discuss & communicate with many stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and requirements
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- Have strong planning and organization skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- Have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- Have excellent communication skills
Your team and your responsibilities
Team/division:Vehicle Logistics (VLG) is responsible for the transportation (whether by vessel, rail or truck) of Toyota and Lexus vehicles from our Overseas – and Local Plants, to ports of export, inland compounds and/or retailers in Europe.
For those countries, where we assume responsibility till the retailer, our vehicles are customised (Post Production Option Installations) and checked (Pre Delivery Inspection) in our hubs, all strategically located within Europe.
This activity represents a budget in excess of €200 million/year.
The Vehicle Logistics Group seeks to challenge ‘Plant-to-Retailer’ lead-time, improve delivery performance and reduce cost through the application of Toyota Production System.
Your responsibilities:To support the above, our team of 4 members is responsible for:
1) Annual Process :
- Review opportunities to re-design our network based on ongoing changes in the market
- Lead the review of Logistic Partner Performance
- Judge the need for tendering logistics services (hub-, port and transport).
- Where and when tendering is required, lead the Tender Process to appoint the Logistics Partner who fulfils TME requirements, from a Quality, Lead-time and Cost view-point.
2) Throughout the Year:
- Monitor Logistics Partners’ Performance
- Identify the root cause of performance gaps.
- Support operations members in closing any performance gaps.
3) New Projects :
- Analyse the Network to ensure the Infrastructure is in-line with the Customer (Retailer) and Supply (Manufacturing Plant) requirements.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed