Internship Global Export Production Parts
Posted Date 2 days ago(04/04/2019 10:02)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Production Control, Planning and Productivity
- Brussel (Evere)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
- Belgium - Brussels (Evere) : Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office
- Start date: Between August 2019 and October 2019
- Duration: 12 months
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
- You are working towards a university degree, in Logistics or Engineering
- You have affinity with automotive and are passionate about quality
- You are highly numeric, with strong logical and analytical skills
- You have experience working with Excel (V-look up, pivot tables…), knowledge of Access is an advantage
- You enjoy a multicultural and international environment
- You are pro-active and willing to be a team player in an international team
- You are stress resistant with a hands-on mentality
- You have the ability to develop creative ways for operational challenges and for cost improvements
- You are a pragmatic problem solver, result driven
- You have a valid driving license
- You are Fluent in English, any other European language is an asset
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities
Team/division:The Manufacturing Planning, Export function is at the heart of Toyota’s manufacturing operations. From our headquarters in Europe and Turkey we manage global export of production parts collected from suppliers and delivered to the global manufacturing base. The scope of the operation includes:
- 200+ parts suppliers
- 40+ manufacturing locations
- Shipments from 5 vanning centres as well as direct shipments from regional plants
All operations are planned and organised in accordance with the concepts of the Toyota Production System (TPS) to achieve Safety, Quality, Just-in-Time and Cost objectives.
Your responsibilities:In regards to an ongoing roll-out of a new global production parts export project, we are reviewing our Parts Ordering Management Processes to achieve ever better levels of JIT.
The objective is to:
- Increase the predictability and stability of our parts orders to allow parts suppliers and logistics partners to make a better planning.
- Identify sudden supply fluctuations to eliminate supply issues at an early stage and reduce the amount of abnormalities.
- Support historic data analysis to determine risk areas in our supply chain and supplier management.
- Support the development of temporary quality gates and sustainable solutions.
- Set up a proactive supplier and operations management framework.
- Identify trends early and offer a tool box to work with suppliers and logistics partners to tackle issues before the global manufacturing base is hit by parts supply concerns.
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed