DescriptionThe Senior SW Manager is a change agent, with an entrepreneurial spirit to transform a mature payments industry engineering team to rapidly adopt cutting edge Agile/Scrum, Software, and Cloud Services best practices. This means that existing staff may need to be retooled and mentored to be in line with the new goals, and new ways of working across teams. Successful candidates will highly resourceful. Our Korean ADC Leader must have the creative skills and ability to drive change in environments with limited resources and external infrastructure support, compared to what is provided in large engineering organisations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We work together to understand client needs, with customer obsession to deliver solutions that are right first time. A key to your success is working with local and corporate engineering teams to use new technologies to streamline development. You conduct research to improve the technological cost budgets for the regional delivery team. By evaluating recommending new technology, you use technological assets to ease use for employees and clients. You assess and identify strategic advantages and technological trends for the region. Do you have experience driving decision-making through meaningful data and critical metrics? We work with business teams to ensure projects are well scoped, prioritised, and resources. To grow our people, we mentor high potential employees for accelerated career development and growth. We motivate all staff, through clear communication of project needs.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 10 years’ experience working with technology in large global companies
- Proven track record leading software engineering delivery teams in the Thailand market.
- Expert delivering software solutions, ideally in the Thailand payments industry arena. Able to work effectively with the top 4 Thailand merhant acquiring banks: SCB, BBL, KBANK, BAY; ideally with a proven track record of software delivery into their payments systems.
- Experienced leading large development teams, all disciplines including Project Management, Requirements and Systems Engineering, Automation, Devops. Consistent record in mentoring and developing team members.
- Collaboration with off shore teams required, especially in Bangalore.
- Enjoys running complex projects working across multiple countries.
- You are highly experienced in software architecture and development.
- Working knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies and tools. Champions Continuous Integration, Automation, and rapid customer-centric development based on sprints, user stories, and consistent software architecture frameworks.
- Expert and highly familiar using industry best practice tools for Agile/Scrum delivery. Strong working knowledge of the Atlassian tool suite (Jira/Portfolio, Confluence), modern software engineering development environments, up to date Cloud Services knowledge (AWS, Azure), and Internet of Things innovations (MQTT, large-scale end-end systems estate management and firmware updates, device onboarding, systems security, remote keyloading, single sign-on, etc.). Knowledge of Payments Card Industry standards and best practices is highly desired.
- Expertise in development strategies, project management and business and technical consultancy.
- Seen as an innovator and is able to drive innovation.
- Degree level education required, with Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree required. Bachelors, or ideally Masters, in CS or equivalent.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exceptional team leadership: motivates and inspires teams to pull in delivery, able to select/deselect team members and make the hard calls to achieve the best overall business and client outcomes.
- Works well across global teams, able to influence and synthesise global software efforts for maximum benefit to the region.
- Ability to balance conflicting resource demands and pressures with focus towards our business priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal/written, for internal and external customers a requirement. Highly fluent in both English and Thai language. Able to drive deep highly technical discussions seamlessly in both Thai and English language, with strong influencing skills to achive accelerated outcomes with high quality.
- Proven track record for strong problem resolution techniques, ability to find solutions..
- Ability to adapt, learn and continue to expand in VeriFone product and system knowledge.
- Critical Thinking
- Do you have a high tolerance ambiguity? Can you clarify direction and objectives to team members?
- Thrives in a dynamic, customer centric and sales focused entrepreneurial environment.
Verifone is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!