DescriptionFor over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beachOn April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
Position Summary: Software Developer Automation Engineer
You will be responsible for defining the overall automation test strategy and test plan, building and automating the test cases, performing automated test execution, test report generation and validation. You will be responsible to maintain the quality of product during subsequent regression cycles. You will work within Verifone's defined test and validation methodology and standard methodologies to ensure that all Verifone produced solutions meet or exceed Company Quality Standards and customer’s expectations.
As an Engineer, you are assigned multiple tasks and/or projects, and you will be working in a dynamic, multi-dimensional work environment under general supervision. You possess excellent social, written, and verbal skills.
"We believe great work comes from incredible people. We’ve establish a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building meaningful client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. We focus on doing the right things right. Let’s craft the future of commerce together."
Your Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe following is a list of your essential duties and responsibilities. Your daily work will be prioritized based on business needs, severity of encountered code issues, and project's status. Additional tasks might be assigned to you based on your manager's discretion.
- You will perform software test automation as per test automation plan to make sure that quality of code of company’s core products has been maintained over multiple regression cycles preventing from degrading over time.
- You will develop code to automate and semi-automate the overall company's Quality Assurance test processes and provide daily test quality reports.
- You be responsible for maintaining existing automated set of test scripts as well as design, develop, execute, and automate new test scripts and test cases.
- You will execute different type of testing including manual, automated and/or semi-automated functional system integration test and validate robustness of integrated system to ensure resistance and sturdiness to adverse events.
- You will setup integrated test environments and systems, configure products, including hardware, software and databases.
- We will teach you how to conduct performance, volume and stability testing to facilitate early identification and correction of performance deviations.
- We will train you to perform PCI PA-DSS compliance, industry compliance and security control testing.
- You will provide an assistance to Customers and Verifone internal resources to perform in-depth problem analysis, determination, and resolution while investigating issues occurring during pilot, user acceptance testing or bank certification.
- You will validate updated documentation to ensure project and product related information is up-to-date and available to the company and customer.
Your Knowledge and Experience
- We would like to see a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A certificate or diploma in Quality Assurance is advantageous.
- You possess 2 years of experience in Software Development and at least 2 years in Software Quality Assurance.
- Working experience in testing, product validation and certification in the card payment or banking industry, and/or the POS and/or petroleum industries is a plus.
- You have knowledge of relational databases.
- Familiarity with command batch scripting and algorithms is ideal.
- Knowledge of EMV transactions processing and familiarity with EMV test tools is helpful.
- Knowledge of test case management tools is beneficial.
Your Skills and Abilities
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
We at Verifone are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.