The “FCM” (Financial & Capital Markets) Team of IHS Markit is seeking a recruit to join the team responsible for the development of financial market products in the energy, chemical & metals and mining sectors. In the short term, this requires extensive support of existing financial market products as well as assisting in the creation and commercialization of new products. This position will work closely with other members of the FCM Team, who are responsible for driving revenue growth for the business.
The Product Manager will:
- Create new products (new or enhanced), which will utilize existing ENR data and content to add value to buy-side, quant & banking customers
- Partner with product managers in the business lines to shape product enhancements for financial market customers
- Interface with clients and prospects to better understand market needs and quantify market opportunity
- Work with other team members to build the data strategy for quant funds and quantamental investors across the ENR space
- Recommend development of additional content by partnering with the Research, Marketing, Product Management, and Sales team on the execution of the go-to-market strategies
- Strong understanding of financial markets essential; knowledge of quant investment process & data needs strongly preferred
- Develops product strategies that articulate market needs, market potential and segmentation, competitive landscape, solution offering(s), packaging, pricing, value position, differentiation, and road map
- Guides market awareness activities driven by buyer and user personas, and emerging trends to inform strategy development, optimization and execution
- Develops and coordinates commercial launch and product development life cycles with key business stakeholders
- Provides operational support of portfolio, solution and product level revenue and expense performance to inform short, medium and long-term solution level plans and drive business optimization and continuous improvement
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing to develop, execute, and optimize marketing plans
- Cultivates solution/product and operational innovation based on emerging market trend, new technologies and best practices
- Maintains regular contact with existing users, buyers and potential customers to identify unmet business needs related to products. This also includes understanding why recent evaluators did or did not buy assigned products and the steps they took in the decision-making process. Recommends action accordingly
- Periodically evaluates competitive and alternative offerings, assessing their strengths, weaknesses, and market position relative to current IHS Markit offerings
- Articulates archetypal user and buyer personas for assigned products, describing their backgrounds, objectives, expectations, attitudes, motivations, usage patterns, skill sets, etc
- Continually solicits feedback from the sales team, SMEs, and customers to assess competitive position, calibrate pricing, assess sales pipeline and customer orders to inform and refine go-to-market plans
- Under guidance, applies knowledge of business problems and existing technologies to create incremental improvements to existing product functionality
- Drives the development and execution of plans for the commercial launch and sustained growth of assigned products including sales objectives, pricing, timing, distribution platform, sales channels, market positioning, geographic focus, sales training and collateral, and customer targeting and engagement
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of solution/product management principals and techniques, including agile product management, market and product requirements and user personas
Education & Experience:
- Typically, 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager/Data Manager in the financial space
- Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in industry/workflow
- Full understanding of data science, API delivery and quant investment strategies
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.