DescriptionFor over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beachOn April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
"We believe great work comes from incredible people. We’ve established a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building significant client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. Let’s shape the future of commerce together."
Verifone's seeking business analyst, to partner with our customers to define requirements and develop next generation payment solutions. Do you enjoy working on collaborative teams developing critical solutions, who put customers at the centre of everything we do? Are you an expert business analyst who enjoys translating technical and business requirements into clear and compelling solution designs?
You’re a critical thinker, with a passion for understanding problems and identifying user needs. You possess a good work ethic, are results oriented and skilled in liaising with customers for requirements and aligning customer expectations with organizational capabilities. You’re experienced working across multiple disciplines providing business and technical leadership on the best approaches for accomplishing and optimizing challenging developments. Do you thrive in situations that demand pragmatic and creative problem solving, to assist in defining and improving our product innovation standard methodologies?
- You deal well with conflicting or ambiguous technical and commercial requirements, and adept at distilling requirements into user stories which both technical engineers as well as business leaders understand.
- You have a track record of working well under limited supervision, with ability to produce results quickly and thoroughly.
- You contribute to refining product analysis techniques.
- Have you worked closely with Development teams to deliver fit-for-purpose specifications and customer requirements, with a focus on standards and technologies?
- You enforce and identify improvements to governance & industry standards.
- You provide effective optimized approaches to maximize coverage within time and resource constraints.
- You work with the project team forming strategies to meet release timelines aligned with the organizational roadmap while maintaining responsibility for collaborating across multiple teams (internal & external), to achieve the best customer outcomes.
- You effectively co-ordinate with internal and external partners to develop and manage requirements expectations and user experiences.
- You excel at conducting walkthroughs of requirements and specifications with key commercial and engineering resources and clients.