Carrier Enterprise (CE) is a subsidiary of the largest independent HVAC/R distribution company in the world, WATSCO, Inc. CE proudly distributes the Carrier, Bryant, Payne and Gree brands of HVAC equipment, as well as a full-line of aftermarket parts, supplies, and accessories. CE has over 150 locations throughout 28 states, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, and Latin America, with over 1600 employees ready to serve and provide the best products with best-in-class customer service. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Inventory Demand Planner in the Southeast Region office located in Raleigh, NC.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Understanding and applying company strategy as relates to inventory levels and managing inventory levels
- Utilize planning techniques and tools including MRP, Blue Ridge Forecasting Systems, create reports and prepare supply plans based on inventory targets
- Have a solid understanding of Demand Planning & purchasing and continue to develop specialized knowledge
- Develop and Deliver metrics and analyses as needed in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of major supply chain functions, including forecasting, planning sourcing, customer service, order processing
- Monitor and document late shipments and identify solutions to mitigate potential out of stock scenarios through effective Purchasing practice and Warehouse Transfers
- Communicate with vendors to coordinate shipments and update purchase orders accordingly
- Ensure the most economical logistics solution is utilized with consideration to availability, as well as, carrying costs
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices
- Perform other duties and/or projects as required or assigned
- Inventory Planning, Demand Planning experience a requirement.
- Experience working with SCP (Blue Ridge) software preferred.
- Forecasting and contingency planning capability
- Analytical approach identifying and analyzing problems providing actionable solutions
- Strong computer skills preferably with Excel, Business Intelligence systems(BI), and ERP systems
- Be open and flexible to changes and make constructive suggestions for improvement
- Knowledge of the HVAC industry and/or wholesale distribution
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as business administration, supply chain management, or statistics
- Inventory planning or management experience
Carrier Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer