Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life. With R&D facilities all over the U.S., you will be surrounded by engineers, software developers, and designers pushing technology boundaries to shape the future wherever you are.
We are not just about cars: we are also about the latest and greatest software, cutting-edge technology, and groundbreaking innovation.
Here at MBRDNA, you create a digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Start Date: June 2019, 6+ months duration, 40 hours per week, must commit
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:Software development on advanced system-on-chip (SoC) devices from leading silicon companies delivering the highest CPU, GPU and AI computation performance. Your contributions will build on the output of a highly innovative team developing prototype concepts for next generation in-vehicle infotainment applications.
- Assist with the CPU, GPU and AI benchmarking on target SoC devices
- Assist with the development for new and innovative embedded modules and automotive interface components
- Assist with evaluation and bring-up of embedded modules in a Linux environment
- Collaborate with partners and suppliers to quickly iterate through prototypes and validate functional requirements
- Awarded or in final year of Bachelors of Science program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience with hardware design, schematic capture and board layout
- Experience with Linux and embedded system environments
- Experience with at least one scripting language and basic skills in C++ programming
- Passionate about working on embedded systems and automotive technologies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design