Boston, MassachusettsApply Now Date posted 04/19/2019Schedule Full-time
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Art School Finally Pays Off
That art school word ‘aesthetic’ comes in handy again. The look and feel of Converse gets funneled through this crew. From Events to Online to Retail to Photography to Messaging, Brand Design is the artistic hand on the color wheel. If you’re looking for a motley band of artists and thinkers, then look no further. We all know what “aesthetic” means, too. We just don’t use it because it’s cheesy.
Leading with Digital, Converse is setting a bold strategic plan to enable and inspire consumer self-expression by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences.
We’re looking for a seasoned Sr. UX/UI Designer to join our digital team.
You’ll be responsible for the design, and implementation of navigation systems, templates and features, across multiple phases of a digital product lifecycle.
We’re seeking an innovative problem solver, a collaborative team player, and a skilled designer who can handle multiple projects of differing size and scope. You are inspired by curiosity and passionate about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with and across a teams of engineers, product managers, strategists and fellow creatives to deliver exceptional solutions to UX design problems.
- Produce high quality user experience design through hybrid wireframe and visual designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps and prototypes.
- Partner with internal brand design teams on the creation of new storytelling experiences.
- Collaborate with team members on user research, customer testing, and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
Global UX Leadership:
- Actively partner with business partners in Brand and Media to create consumer and brand-right experiences that support marketing and commercial goals, globally.
- Work cross-functionally with Content Strategy, SEO, Digital Design, Analytics, Experience Optimization, Product Management and Development teams to enhanceme existing and bring new digital commerce experiences to market.
- Partner closely with geo-based business teams to understand and address market-specific needs and opportunities around the globe.
- Help to define, evolve, and disseminate Converse Digital Design standards and best practices to other teams throughout the organization.
- Curious: You are a constant student of best practices and emerging trends in UX. Consumer technology developments inspire and energize you.
- Open and collaborative: YOU are an expert, but WE win as a team – you must be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a cross-discipline environment.
- Ego-less: We all wear all the hats that need wearing – from high level thinking to in-the-trenches work, your flexibility, positivity and focus on results makes the team successful.
- 5-8 years of experience creating user-centered designs for ecommerce products.
- A portfolio of work showcasing how content, design and interface work together to create great digital experiences.
- Demonstrated record of shipping quality software.
- A conceptual thinker and master of user experience with the ability to produce exceptional design work.
- A high level of proficiency creating prototypes with inVision and other web-based prototyping tools.
- Experience with web-based usability testing tools.
- Extensive background guiding collaboration sessions with various types of experienced professionals and those with differing levels of exposure to UX working methodologies.
- Understanding of underlying technology is necessary. You don't have to be a developer, but you understand what makes things work.
- In-depth understanding of Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bonus points for experience bringing designs to life through animation; i.e. Principle, Flash, After Effects
- Able to function self guidedly and in a team environment
- Outstanding team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent sense of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different. Apply Now