Compliance Sanctions Analyst
Penang-Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah
SummaryThe Compliance and Sanctions Analyst will primarily provide support for sanctions screening and will also support the global compliance team in delivering a comprehensive compliance program to internal and external customers. This role will require a solid understanding of export controls and sanctions law compliance. This position will interact with departments and business units across the company and will report into the global Compliance and Privacy function.
Description of Responsibilities
- Responsible for screening against sanctions lists and provide expert judgment regarding match validity (50% of time)
- Provide administrative and project management support in all areas of compliance, including anti-bribery and anti-corruption, business courtesies, records management, Code of Conduct and compliance policies, training and awareness, and global trade, sanctions and AML compliance
- Assist senior members of the compliance team in tracking, monitoring, and ensuring compliance with local and regional laws and regulations, standards, and practices in the areas of corporate compliance
- Assist with identifying and implementing controls and procedures; auditing and monitoring; enforcement and remediation; risk assessments and risk mitigation
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of global sanctions regulations and legal compliance preferred
- Legal education helpful, but not required
- Project management experience preferred
- Background in financial services or banking compliance, auditing, controls, governance, risk and compliance preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and adept at working under pressure on multiple and varied tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and independently, taking ownership of the resolution of issues and driving projects to completion
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.