Operational Tools Developer
Boulder - 5775 Flatiron Pkwy
About Markit Digital: Build and Deployment Tools Team
Who is Markit DigitalWe design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. We leverage the latest and greatest the industry has to offer to deliver some of the fastest and most utilized applications in the financial industry. We work closely in teams to promote an inclusive environment with tons of idea sharing.
What you'll do at Markit DigitalThe Build and Deployment Tools Team provides a platform and toolchain that enables teams to provision/configure environments, setup/deploy applications, and collect/view metrics.Our goal is to automate and streamline development and operational activities across the organization.
As an Operational Tools Developer, you will develop, support and improve our automated build, configuration, and management systems. You will be part of a highly skilled and versatile team working in a fast-paced environment. You will be involved in designing and building new processes and tools to enable automation for the installation and maintenance of existing applications and services. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Develop, support, and improve automated build, configuration, and management systems
- Automate application and service deployments using 3rd party and custom-developed tools
- Integrate virtualization, configuration management, and application deployment systems
- Help automate the configuration of monitoring and metrics systems
- Design and build tools to allow engineering and support teams to troubleshoot issues and isolate problems
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues
- Advocate for quality and the user experience
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Experience setting up, modifying, and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with API development and testing
- Working understanding of SQL
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of container management and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Nomad
- Experience with monitoring and metric collection toolsets such as ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Chef
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux scripting technologies and toolsets (PowerShell, bash)
- Experience in Windows and Linux/Unix system administration
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a high standard of quality
- Eager to learn new technologies and skills
- The ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to change
- Can-do attitude
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Where we're goingAs we continue to automate our deployments and configurations we are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast by rolling out new tools to our stack like Nomad, Apigee, and Prometheus. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.