Barcelona, Spain Return to Search Results
The PositionAs a Backend Developer you will be responsible to build, maintain backend services using Java micro services technologies. You will be responsible for working with technical and non-technical staff to translate business requirements into technical requirements for execution. You will participate and give feedin design and code reviews with other developers.
- Build, test and maintain back-end components, including security, data model and application logic, in line with software engineering best practices.
- Build services that interact with another components including AWS.
- Collaborate with internal and external teammates and stakeholders to build and improve back-end services.
- Draft architectural decisions together with the Tech Lead and explore new technologies.
- Take an active part in code reviews and provide constructive feedto other members of the team.
- Ensure quality of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
Key skills and experience:
- +5 years of strong back-end development experience (Java 8+, JPA/Hibernate/Rest API’s)
- Hands on experience in Spring boot, Monolith/Micro services/Serverless technologies
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies (AWS is a plus).
- Docker experience is preferred.
- Hands on experience with JBOSS Application Server.
- Hands on experience with Open ID flow.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Node.js with express.js is a plus.
- Testing (Unit Testing / TDD / BDD). Junit, Serenity (plus)
- Experience with Git / Gitflow
- Experience working with teams using continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing with two weeks iterations and agile software development tools (Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
- Good understanding of the agile software development process.
- Product orientated with a pragmatic approach
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
Who We AreA member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page. Return to Search Results