North Carolina, United States of America Return to Search Results
The PositionPatient Assistance Liaison
- Columbia - Charlotte
Rigorous and groundbreaking science has always been at the core of what we do at Genentech. Our R&D activities are focused on applying excellent science to discover and develop potential new medicines with the goal of becoming first-in-class or best-in-class therapeutics.
Genentech has numerous molecules in Phase I, II and III clinical trials in neuroscience disease areas including but not limited to Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), Huntington’s Disease (HD), Alzheimer's and Autism. Additional information on Genentech’s neuroscience pipeline can be found here - https://www.gene.com/medical-professionals/pipeline
Rare Diseases are common in neurology and due to the prevalence of neurological symptoms in rare diseases- of the estimated 7,000 known rare diseases that lead to significant morbidity and mortality in 25 million people in the United States, a third are thought to include a neurological component.
People with neurological rare diseases often wait for a long time for a correct diagnosis and treatment. Although a limited number of orphan drugs are approved for neurological conditions, many orphan drugs are in development. People living with a neurological rare disease and their caregivers are highly engaged in their treatment and with their communities via local advocacy chapters where they often attend meetings and events along with the HCPs. Our marketing team is working closely with our legal and compliance partners to ensure we are prepared to support our customers while engaging compliantly and consistent with our values. As we embark on this journey, we are seeking to build strong, customer-focused teams who will represent Genentech with integrity.
The Patient Assistance Liaison is a newly created position responsible for advocacy relations, educating patients and caregivers on the clinical profile, approved administration process, and compliantly supporting customers by minimizing patient specific access and reimbursement barriers for the continuity of care.
The PAL works with Account Specialists and they are aligned to a shared team with shared goals, to ensure seamless geographic alignment across patients, caregivers, HCPs and advocacy to effectively address local territory needs.
PAL's provide clinical education, administration access (IT or Oral), and reimbursement expertise for patients, caregivers and HCPs when needed and builds trust in Genentech within local neurology communities prior to launch and availability of Risdiplam and RG6042 (pending FDA marketing clearance)
The PAL's compensation plan including base salary and a MBO-based quarterly bonus structure.
Front-line Customer Facing Activities
- Facilitates, staffs and attends local advocacy events; at local advocacy chapters to help create a positive, trusted, and lasting presence of Genentech in the neurology rare disease community; engages with local advocacy on programming and marketing-related sponsorships
- Provides information and educational in-services on Genentech and approved unbranded disease and, when applicable, product education to patients, caregivers and the community
- Provides clinical education to patients and works with HCP account specialist regarding in-services to HCP customers
- Provides on label patient education after the clinical decision has been made
- Communicates Payer terms, identifies and resolves on- label reimbursement issues or concerns, leverages in house support teams, as needed.
- Proactively communicates and explains Genentech-specific reimbursement programs, policies, procedures and resources
- Partners with HCP Account Specialist and may serve as a conduit between the healthcare provider and case managers to support patient access to therapy
- Assists with patient specific case management needs
- Local advocacy development – payer, office administrator, intrathecal sites and works with relevant state, institutional or other societies
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of GNE activities and demonstrates a commitment to Genentech policies and the agile compliance philosophy
- Obtains and maintains full proficiency in disease state, product and business knowledge
- Attends and actively participates in team/region/franchise calls and meetings
- Meets administrative expectations consistently
- Communicates and aligns with field partners to determine educational opportunities and priorities
- Collaborates with home office and customer-facing representatives to align on local priorities and supports needs to achieve results and ensure effective execution
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of GNE activities
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA and all patient privacy policies
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards, and demonstrates Genentech values consistently with all customers and business
Key CompetenciesThe successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- Inspiring and Influencing
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Achieving Results
- Technical and Business Expertise (nursing, clinical educator, relevant therapeutic area expertise; passion for patients, peers and education; customer focus)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Masters degree in Science, MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
- 5 or more years work experience
- 5 or more years of clinical experience in Neurology, and/or infusion related products preferred.
- Direct to patient experience required
- A minimum of 2 or more years direct experience with managed care and reimbursement is preferred, either directly within/from the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or relevant, large-scale practice management
- Previous experience in Neurology therapeutic area(s) is strongly preferred
- Previous experience with both private & public payers is preferred
- Previous experience in other functions in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is a plus, e.g. product marketing, managed care marketing, field sales/sales management, field account management, etc.
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
- Previous work or clinical specific experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related
- industry is preferred
- In addition to passing Genentech's background screening, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunizations, TB, hepatitis, and drug screening)
Success in this role will often require PALs to attend events and meetings during evenings and weekends. This person is expected to prioritize these events and meetings in order to represent Genentech and support patients and caregivers in their communities. While work hours are typically not to exceed 40 hours per week, flexible schedules to accommodate evening and weekend work will be operationalized.
Must live within the territory, preferably near a metropolitan area.
This position requires significant use of either a company provided or personal vehicle to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the role. As a result, Genentech, Inc. (Company) from time to time will check your motor vehicle record for purposes of determining your eligibility for driving a Company vehicle or driving any vehicle on Company business.
Who We AreA member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page. Return to Search Results
North Carolina, United States of America