Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Job number 604449
- Date posted May 22, 2019
- Travel 25-50 %
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Enterprise Services Delivery (ESD) is a newly formed, worldwide organization. Data and AI is one of the five core technical domains that have been formed. Analytics and Insights play a critical role in realizing our overall company strategy of the intelligent cloud. Data and AI domain is chartered to build the capability to help our top enterprise customers derive the true value from data through cutting edge solutions.
As part of the Data and AI domain we are growing our data science practice. We are looking for data scientists who are passionate about data and want to apply machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems for enterprises and public sector organizations.
You will help develop capabilities for predictive modeling, text and image mining, recommendations, clustering, anomaly detection, forecasting, deep learning and other advanced statistical techniques. You will work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of machine learning enabled solutions including problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration and visualization, feature engineering, experimenting with ML algorithms, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying the models, iteratively improving the solution, building the tools for this process etc.
You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in both batch and streaming modes, and various formats including tabular, image/video, audio, text and time series. In this role, you will interact with a team of experts in machine learning, distributed systems, program management and partner product teams, on the vision, scenario/feature planning, execution and delivery of scalable solutions as a cloud service.
- Collaborate with end customer and Microsoft internal cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs. Formulate a roadmap of project activity that leads to measurable improvement in business performance metrics/key performance indicators (KPIs) over time.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
- Architect, develop and automate Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics solutions. Iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale.
- Make business recommendations (cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed.
- A PhD in a data-related discipline.
- Previous experience as a Project Leader or Lead Scientist for data-driven projects or demonstrated potential from other leadership roles to assume such a role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data services and/or previous research experience involving extensive use of such services.
- Ability to engage and build relationships across a range of stakeholder groups and technical project teams.
- The ability to work effectively as a member and leader of a regionally dispersed project team to provide the high level specifications, communications and science leadership needed to ensure that project deliverables are met.
Role Specific Characteristics May Include
- Background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent technical field
- In-depth knowledge in machine learning and data mining techniques and algorithms, specializing in one or more of the following areas: predictive modeling, time series analysis/forecasting, text mining/natural language processing, constraint optimization, computer vision, and information retrieval.
- Ability to prototype statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in new domains.
- Hands-on analytics solution implementation skills in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, SQL, C#, Java, and Scala. Expertise in Spark and Deep Learning is a plus.
- Ability to build production grade machine learning enabled solutions end to end.
- Excellent communication skills. Experience in customer-facing consulting is a plus.
#DAIHIRINGNOWMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.