Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
SummaryPosted: 24 May 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200061987
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- You will partner closely with various team members on activities ranging from processor sub-system design, algorithm development, firmware development to system debug, root cause analysis, and corrective action.
- You will be developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products. We are seeking an individual with firmware, device driver or equivalent development experience.
- Work with the silicon team to craft specifications for future chips, building software to run on these new chips and boards.
- Develop drivers for various IP blocks in embedded environments.
- Work closely with design teams to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet product requirements; coding, debugging and hardware/software integration testing; and communicating results and recommendations.
- You have 8+ years of proven excellence in firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience preferred. - Software development experience using C and assembly language with ARM CPUs. - Experience with FPGA development and test. - Experience in developing low-level drivers and HW bring-up, using test tools and interacting with HW design teams. - Exposure to multiple high-level programming languages, including C, C#, C++. - Experience using MS Visual Studio IDE, as well as (command line) gnu toolchain. - Experience with Configuration Management tools (git, Subversion). - Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Bash/shell, Perl, Python, VBA). - Use of MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel. - Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments is also valuable. - Proven ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product against aggressive timelines. - Strong electrical system and software debugging skills are critical. - ICE/JTAG experience is helpful.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Masters Degree with 7 years or Bachelors Degree with 10 years
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements