Job Description - Project Analyst (327792)
Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking an Project/Process Analyst to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
By developing a deep understanding of the company’s claim processes, systems and product portfolios, this position will analyze and evaluate opportunities for enhancements, conceptualize viable and cost-effective solutions and implement business and technology solutions.
This individual will work closely with internal and/or external stakeholders to ensure work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber, applying subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings for each project.
- Provide consulting, SME and project management support (PM, Lean Sigma).
- In collaboration with business partners, develop project cost and benefit estimates for assigned projects. Identify. methods to capture a project’s benefits longer-term. Report actual costs and benefits relative to planned results.
- Coordinate and implement department-level projects aligned with strategic business initiatives, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality project deliverables.
- May participate in technology project activities such as Business Requirements gathering, Design Reviews, User Acceptance Testing, and communication. In collaboration with business areas, develop and drive Change Management activities.
- Assist in demand management planning.
- Provide day-to-day on-demand support with claim-specific system 'how-to' questions.
- Incident/Issue Management including Triaging, Escalation, Analysis, Problem-solving, User Acceptance Testing
- Interact and multi-task with project team members from various departments/units, clients, and vendors of varying position levels.
- Communicate clear and concise messages, regarding system-related outages, to the Department, Managers and Stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills to include listening and oral and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and pivot to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze and Problem-solve using process, workflow or technology in an organized and logical manner
- Ability to develop solutions in a cost effective and customer centric manner
- Demonstrates continuous learning and improvement approach in self and work
- Effectively execute on plans
- Ability to exercise professional judgment, assuming responsibility for decisions and outcomes
- Work independently or as part of a team on small- to medium sized projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to build collaborative working relationships
- Ability to influence others with facts, trend analysis and other supporting data, to negotiate effectively for win-win outcomes, and to engage and motivate team members
- Willingness to embrace change and successfully implement new approaches and ideas
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Recent college graduate, or 1 – 2 years of business experience
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, with emphasis on the advanced use of Excel in creating detailed, interactive spreadsheets and workbooks
- Working knowledge of Outlook, MS Project and Windows environment is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation a plus
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
OUR BENEFITSAs a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Chicago - 111 Wacker Drive