- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Vocational Nursing. Current state LVN licensure and BLS/CPR certification required.
- At least two (2) years of clinical experience in direct patient care required with strong preference for experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting.
- Required to maintain CEU/CNEs as applicable for licensure.
- Current IV Certification required (per State regulations).
- Experience with venous access devices for medication administration.
- Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings.
- Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such regulating bodies.
- Able to meet the needs of the patient by processing requests and referrals, providing efficient follow up with the patient, pharmacy, or other entity, as needed.
- Strong commitment to Customer Service and Excellence in healthcare.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions:Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Flexibility and balance
- Development opportunities
- Appreciation and recognition
- Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.