Senior Data Scientist, GrowthMountain View, United States • Product • Full Time
We are looking for a top-tier product analyst to work with our Growth team in our Mountain View office. This role will partner closely with a team of analysts, data scientists, developers, designers, and product managers to run experiments against millions of users. Atlassian is experiencing rapid growth, so there are plentiful chances to create impact for the team.
You're probably someone who loves finding patterns amidst chaos and is passionate about user behavior. You'll be working teams who are well-versed in statistical concepts and high-velocity experimentation.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 4-7 years of experience using data to build software at industry-leading companies
- Experience in designing and analyzing experiments that drive key product decisions
- Familiarity with event-based analytics, and a curiosity to learn more
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Mode, etc.)
- Ability to work comfortably with a command line interface
- Great communication to share analyses and recommendations to non-technical audiences and executives
- Proven sense of accountability, self-drive, and the ability to function independently
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience in both enterprise (or B2B) as well as consumer (or B2C) environments
- Experience working in a global environment with remote teams
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, mathematics, economics, or computer science
- We're also always looking for excellent written and verbal communication skills, a great eye for detail, and a sense of humor.
More about our teamThe Growth Analytics team at Atlassian is tasked to drive insights from user behavioral data. We aim to make a positive impact to the way our customers use our products in their day-to-day work, which should unlock business value. We are a highly collaborative team with a high bar of rigorous analyses, and we love to have fun along the way.
More about our benefitsWhether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about AtlassianCreating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: .
Additional InformationWe believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.