King of Prussia, PA, USA
About the companyThe IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 392 IKEA stores in 48 countries around the world.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Purchasing Serviços Comerciais Ltda office is in Curitiba, Braziland is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
About the jobAs a Business Developer/ Purchasing, Category Area Food, Animal Based Protein you will develop and implement common action plans within the Category Area Food, (Animal Protein Products, Seafood and Dairy) with your supplier partners, delivering excellent performance in running operations and building professional long term business development. You will also identify and act on new purchasing possibilities in order to secure optimal sourcing set-up.
About the assignmentBeing a Business Developer/ Purchasing, you will be overall responsible for supplier performance and relationship. Among other things, you:
- Manage External Supplier Partner relationship, serve as main business representative and liaison. Professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance according to supplier action plan.
- Are responsible for building professional and long-term relationships through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust, and transparency.
- Leverage strong commercial knowledge and business acumen to lead annual action plan planning, including leading SDP identification process to create and implement action plans together with suppliers which delivers to Category Plan.
- Pro-actively work together with HFBs to integrate opportunities and act on deviations to Sourcing Assignment
- Are responsible to lower total cost at supplier level through optimizing value chain.
- Partner with suppliers to continuously increase the competitiveness through new purchasing possibilities such as new technology, new material and/or production techniques.
- Drive alignment behind the category strategy with senior management and key commercial stakeholders.
About youYou are able to establish and develop high performing and diverse supplier base which can meet the needs of our Business and our customers. You have a high interest in understanding the markets we are working in, as well as the reality of production. Additionally, we believe that you:
- Have good finance knowledge and
- Strong project management skills
- Strong team player with good people management skills, including strong communication skills and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate the capability to build trust and relationships in order to build long-term Business partnerships
- Have the desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through engaging and motivating people
- Take interest in people’s life at home; energy, drive, and commitment to deliver better product for the many people
- Are willing to travel as required (50%).
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s (preferred).
- Experience in food manufacturing or distribution preferred but not required.