King of Prussia, PA, USA
About the companyThe IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 392 IKEA stores in 48 countries around the world.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
Job DescriptionAbout you
You are eager to actively search for information and continuously learn from good examples and mistakes. You have a sense of urgency and a never compromise attitude towards quality. Additionally, you:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience from Quality/Production environment
- You have very good knowledge of the product requirements, standards and test methods
- You have understanding of product functions, design, customer needs and expectations, customer friendliness and very good knowledge about critical to quality processes
- You have a good knowledge of materials' properties and construction
- You know production processes and technologies
- You can easily work with data
- If you have knowledge of audit and assessment techniques, and analysis of suppliers’ working methods and performance, we will appreciate it
- You are analytical and positive type of a person, who does not have any problem with solving difficult situations
- You always have new ideas to improve things
- You have excellent communication skills , you can be emphatic and communicate clearly
- You respect values and stand by your opinions
- Travelling is fun for you and you do not mind spending a lot of time travelling to suppliers (up to 50%)
About the job
Being the Production Engineer, you will lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. You are the main contact towards the suppliers and work as part of the business team together with the supplier to develop and secure the production process, handling of quality deviations, and secure compliance to all IKEA requirements.
About the assignment
The Production Engineer is responsible for Quality Assurance including to secure process control for key processes in production. Among other things, you:
- You will be responsible for quality Assurance including to secure process control for key processes in the production
- You will perform product audits and production risk assessments at suppliers
- You will be responsible for Suppliers’ development according to IKEA Supplier Operating Standard
- You will take part in audits/assessments at the suppliers
- You will lead the running range portfolio at the suppliers (and sub-suppliers) to secure full compliance to IKEA requirements at all times
- You will be responsible for improvement projects related to production processes and share best practices / knowledge by gathering and conveying product and production experiences to create pre-conditions for the suppliers to take full responsibility for their performance
- You will lead product deviation process with sense of urgency towards the causing part and capture learning from previous product deviations
- You will secure root-cause analysis, stock correction and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for received Quality Alarms and claims
- You will lead industrialization of minor news development and contribute with competence to other news developments
- You will secure implementation of new and updated requirements
- * A preferred candidate has been identified for this position.