Internship V2X Acceptance Study - Technology Trend Analysis
Posted Date 17 hours ago(08/07/2019 14:30)
- Job ID
- Business Area
- Brussel (Zaventem)
Company InformationTOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
Your ProfileStudent in last year of master study (can be PhD), electrical, data science or business engineering
- Good knowledge and interest in automotive, economics, entrepreneurship, software, Big Data
- Knowledge in technology, connectivity, digital economy
- Flexible team player
- Open personality able to work in an independent way, hands-on mentality, entrepreneur mentality
- Basic computer skills: Office, database knowledge, modelling is a plus, Python
- Fluent in English, any other European language (German, Italian, French, Dutch, other …) is a plus
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- Have strong planning and organizing skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- Have excellent communication skills
- Customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities Toyota Motor Europe is responsible for the planning, development, production and sales of cars matching European market requirements. The Technology Trend Analysis Group supports the R&D, Product and Corporate Planning Divisions with the mission to align Toyota business to the Future Digital World.
In order for Toyota to contribute to the Global Society by Digitalisation, the Technology Trend Analysis Group gathers, analyses and predicts major movements in the field of Connectivity (technologies, policies, market needs,…), Mobility (customer, cities, …), future technologies and standardisation. We act as incubator on the basis of strong analysis.
Your project:The connected society will bring new challenges and opportunities for the automotive business, in terms of technical concept development but also in terms of new business models based on the principles of safety, improved traffic flow, convenience for users and authorities.
In order to implement future technologies and services to cover these new trends we need to enhance our insights in digital trends and acceptance for 2020-2030 period.
Therefore, the candidate will:
- Identify and analyse future customer digital habits and needs
- Survey technology, competitors and regulation movements in the field of V2X (Vehicle to Vehicle, - to Infrastructure, - to Cloud)
- Co-define and model the customer and societal acceptance of V2X services based on the quantification of the V2X benefits.
- Design survey approaches and manipulate Big Data for setting up V2X acceptance logics
Additional information:Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe (Brussels)
Starting date: Sept 2019 – March 2020
Duration: Expected 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium).
OptionsApply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.