Every day, millions of patients and caregivers rely on Baxter’s leading portfolio of critical care, nutrition, renal, hospital and surgical products. For almost 85 years, we’ve been operating at the critical intersection where innovations that save and sustain lives meet the healthcare providers that make it happen. With products, technologies and therapies available in more than 100 countries, Baxter’s employees worldwide are now building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of transformative healthcare innovations.
Our two main business areas are: Hospital Products and Renal Products. Hospital Products provides intravenous (IV) solutions and specialty products used for fluid replenishment, anesthesia, nutrition, pain management, antibiotic therapy and chemotherapy and surgical care products. Pharmacy compounding units are also run from this business. Renal provides products and services to treat patients with acute renal failure as well as end-stage kidney disease through hospital and home treatments.
A career that matters!
We are committed to providing an engaging, rewarding work experience that reflects the passion our employees bring to our mission of saving and sustaining lives.
Our company fosters a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees are encouraged to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world. Inspired by our mission, we continue to shape medicine with breakthroughs in essential products that expand access to care, enhance care quality and improve patient and provider satisfaction.
Learn more about pursuing a career that matters at Baxter @ https://www.baxter.com/
Position title: Technical Development Program (TDP) Contract: Full time - Permanent
Location: Belgium - Braine l’Alleud
Rotation: Sweden (Lund) and Germany (Hechingen)
The TDP provides an excellent opportunity for talented graduates to kick-start their career within the R&D organization at Baxter.
The TDP member will have the opportunity to rotate across different functions such as:
- Renal Solutions R&D
- Electromechanical Device R&D
- Pharmaceutical and Drug R&D
- Project Management for R&D
- Regulatory Affairs
And will have the chance to work in sites within the EMEA region, including:
- Braine l’Alleud, Belgium (R&D center)
- Hechingen, Germany (Dialyser R&D Center)
- Lund, Sweden (Device Engineering R&D Center)
- Malta (Disposables R&D Center)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical Development Program (TDP) member will screen and assess existing and new or emerging technologies that could serve renal therapies (e.g. wearable renal device) from different external sources such as scientific publications, patents, conferences, competitor companies, etc.
- The TDP member will collaborate with other scientific and non-scientific functions for this assessment and follow-up on the progress of these new technologies / therapies.
- The TDP member will contribute to the creation of virtual concepts and modeling to assess potential new concepts and new ideas for Renal therapies.
- The TDP member will sharpen both technical and leadership skills. They will learn Baxter’s design methodologies such as Critical Thinking, Data Driven Decision Making and Design Control utilizing the Baxter’s therapeutic or device product design processes.
- TDP member will work closely with other functions to integrate product design concepts for manufacturability, reliability and serviceability, providing customer centric products for Baxter.
- TDP member will combine their hands-on experiences and indepth training with career mentoring, providing them with all the tools necessary to have a successful career at Baxter.
- Education level: M.S. or PhD in Bioscience Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science / Engineering, Material Science.
- Good knowledge in #technology / #therapy assessments, based on external data and creation of #modeling and #virtual concepts.
- Experience: 0-2 years of professional working experience, preferably in the medical device or pharmaceutical field
- Proven level of academic excellence
- Must demonstrate a strong technical aptitude with analytical, modeling & virtual concepts, critical thinking, results oriented, problem-solving, collaboration, and written / verbal communication skills.
- #International experience preferred
- Willingness to work on #Innovative & stimulating projects and assess new concepts & ideas.
- Willingness to develop virtual models and concepts to assess new ideas.
- Business level of #English and any other European language is an asset
- Be #Mobile with an immediate ability and willingness to travel and relocate within EMEA to any of the different business locations (legally allowed to work in the EU)