The EIB, the European Union's bank, in the framework of its Traineeship programme, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate - Iberia – Implementation at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Trainee.
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeshipThe Implementation team deals with transversal topics ranging from the follow-up of the objectives of the department to the assessment of the profitability and financial value added of the transactions.
As a trainee, you will be able to:
- Get familiar with the EIB, and in particular the functioning of the Operations Directorate;
- Develop analytical skills regarding loan pricing models;
- Gain an overview of Spanish and Portuguese financial and banking sector markets.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Head of Division and senior colleagues, you will participate actively in the Division’s core activities. Your main tasks will be:
- Loan pricing analysis using EIB pricing tools;
- Update of Spanish and Portuguese banking peer group using EIB databases;
- Update the Department's Loan portfolio analysis;
- Occasional participation in pricing simulations and financial projections of departmental goals.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Economics or Business;
- A first experience in banking sector will be considered as an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools (Windows, MS Office);
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and/or French. Any other language will be an asset.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 21st July 2019
(*) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.