The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Projects Directorate - Environment & Sustainable Territorial Development Department - Regional Development Division - Project Advisory Support Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a TRAINEE
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeshipProject Advisory Support Unit of the Regional Development Division in the Environment & Sustainable Territorial Development Department is the advisory service of the Bank providing technical assistance in the project implementation phase to address the capacity gaps in terms of project procurement, contract management and setting up operation phase.
The team is working across the range of sectors including transport, water, solid waste, energy, health, civil protection.
Your objective through this traineeship is to contribute to the development of a standard benchmarking framework for the Project Implementation Units (PIU) in the water sector.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of senior staff, you will:
- Critically review of the relevant available deliverables of PASU;
- Critically review of project management guides developed for EIB infrastructure projects;
- Define key processes for PIU;
- Draft model roles and responsibilities of PIU members;
- Draft requirements for the procedures that correspond to the key processes;
- Benchmarking a set of PIUs in the water sector.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Final year of studies or University degree in Water, Environment Engineering, Economics;
- Knowledge of project management methods and tools as well as first consultancy experience would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Bulgarian would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Please note that deadline for application is on the 21st July 2019.
More information on our EIB Traineeship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website.