The EIB, the European Union's bank, in the framework of its Traineeship programme, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate - Coordination Division - Operational Risk Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Trainee.
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 01st November 2019)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered (Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro).
Please note that you are requested to limit your applications to a maximum of three traineeship publications. We will only consider and retain the first three applications submitted.
Objective of the traineeshipYou will learn about hot topics related to Information and Cyber Security within the Risk Management Directorate. As an Information Security Intern, you act as part of a team providing the 2nd line of Defense protecting the Group against information security risks.
ResponsibilitiesYour main tasks will be to:
- Report to the Head of the Operational and Cyber Risk Unit;
- Contribute to the awareness program on Information Security matters on hot topics related to information and Cyber Security (ex. e-learning, phishing campaign, events, communications);
- Assist in the development of dashboards to support the monitoring and communication on various Key Security Risk Indicators;
- Contribute to some specific risk assessments on ICT systems and/or Business Applications;
- Contribute to the yearly update and review of the ISO 27000 based risk assessment heat map.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- University level education, preferably in a relevant subject and complemented with post-graduate studies in field of risk management, IT or information management;
- General knowledge about EIB's mission and strategy;
- Comfortable working with big amounts of data;
- Good knowledge of standard Microsoft desktop tools (particularly Windows, MS Office, Web browsers, Adobe, etc.);
- Fluent in English; knowledge of further EU languages considered an asset.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 21st July 2019
(*) We particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities.