Date Posted: 2019-05-10-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?Role Overview
This position is for an entry-level Materials Planning and SIOP professional who participates in the supply and demand planning process, and responsible for making minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems and improve effectiveness of work area. May work with internal team to develop financial forecasts.
- May participate in developing strategies for materials planning and SIOP
- May participate in the development of standardized processes within materials planning and SIOP in order to optimize the utilization of business resources and meet customer expectations for delivery.
- May support the development of indicators that enable visibility to short and long-term market trends and demand.
- May identify appropriate demand streams and support in establishing data relationship linkages.
- May work with product development leaders and sales and marketing teams to develop demand forecasts.
- May support in planning capacity and fulfillment demand with plant manufacturing operations.
- May work with manufacturing team and participate in the development of monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters.
- May participate in identifying and developing new technologies to improve materials planning and SIOP capability, sustainability, and reliability.
- May be responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- May support in the development of processes and plans to improve supply capabilities.
- May participate in establishing clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP.
- Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
- Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
- Executescontinuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
- Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
- Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
- May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
- Monitors tracking and shipping.
- Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
- Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
Candidates for this role should possess a Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.