New York, NY, US, 10018
Requisition ID: 108272
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
GENERAL FUNCTION The Corporate Talent Development Manager assumes responsibility of talent development initiatives within the wholesale North America business supporting the corporate employee population, including development needs analysis, project management, program management, facilitation and feedreporting.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with corporate HR Business Partner to uncover and assess development needs across functions.
- Partners with corporate people managers to propose team development and coaching solutions.
- Co-facilitates entry and high potential leadership programs and makes recommendations to advance the learning experience.
- Proactively researches and develops new programs and upgrades current ones to support ongoing initiatives (i.e. 90 day onboarding program).
- Tracks, measures and reports on the impact of key initiatives and programs.
- Manages core development processes and accompanying resources and tools (i.e. development planning).
- Manages the leadership competency project and coaches people managers to integrate new behavioral standards.
- Maintains a solid network of external vendors/experts to ensure internal solutions are progressive and most effective based on the latest research and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of experience in Learning or talent development function, preferably in a fast-paced, quick-changing organization requiring high levels of flexibility
- Experience in instructional design including simulations, role play activities, experiential activities, assessments and post-work learning reinforcement.
- Strong project and program management skills
- Outstanding facilitation skills and ability to interact with employees of all levels in a learning environment
- Excellent coaching skills and flexible mentoring attitude and demeanor
- High proficiency with technology and solid computer skills in the MS Office Suite
- Flexibility to commute to NYC and Long Island offices during the week as needed
- Master’s degree preferred in human resources management, education, psychology, organizational development, applied behavioral sciences, business administration or related field
- Talent Smart Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Ken Blanchard SLII
- Articulate Storyline II authoring tool
- GROW Coaching model
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Program Manager, Manager, Management