Job Description - Tool Design Engineer, Process Simulation and Manufacturing Techniques (19WD34203)
Tool Design Engineer, Process Simulation and Manufacturing Techniques19WD34203Americas-United States of America-Michigan-Novi
Engineer, Tool Design, Process Simulation and Manufacturing Techniques
Location: Novi, MI- United States
Job ID: 19WD34203
Position OverviewBased from our Novi Office in Michigan, you will be working as part of the Autodesk Research Team to innovate new design solutions for Additive, Subtractive, Injection molding and Casting processes. You will be focused on developing and using advanced design, optimization and simulation techniques to create tools for various manufacturing processes for the Automotive, Transportation, Space and Aviation Industry.
- Execute tasks on consulting projects pertinent to Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM), Milling, Casting and Injection Molding processes
- Assist with conceptual and engineering design tasks using Autodesk Design, Simulation and Manufacturing Software Tools
- Design Generative and Additive Concept Studies, Prototype’s and Products tools with Autodesk’s CAD tools like Fusion 360 and Inventor
- Investigate new methods and techniques which improve Advanced and traditional manufacturing process technologies using Autodesk Design and Simulation tools
- Liaise with customers and internal stakeholders and manage tasks
- Assist with various simulation tasks using FEA, CFD, Optimization in using Autodesk’s Nastran, Sim CFD, Fusion 360 Simulation and Research Technology
- Asses tool design based on Simulation results using Autodesk Moldflow or related material flow simulation and evolve in iterative cycles
- Execute explicit stamping simulation for hybrid manufacturing processes
- Work at customer’s site as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree in process or mechanical engineering or related field and experience in Manufacturing, Materials Science and Metallurgy required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Must have 2+ years industrial experience in Design and/or Simulation
- Knowledge of Mechanical Design, CAD, Simulation Techniques
- Knowledge of Design for various Manufacturing techniques
- Appreciation of Structural Design Principles
- Full driving license
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
Customer Success & Services
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.