Job Description - Principal Software Developer (19WD34047)
Principal Software Developer19WD34047Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Principal Software Developer
Location: Montreal- Canada
Job ID: 19WD34047
Position OverviewAutodesk Inc. is looking for a talented and experienced Principal Software Developer to join an exciting team of professionals who build some of the most advanced 3D animation solutions for designers, visualization specialists, game and film artists.
As a Principal Software Developer in Autodesk’s 3ds Max product group, you will work as part of a team, using Agile development methodologies to provide innovative workflows for our customers using the latest in technology. This is an opportunity for you to contribute in significant way on an industry leading digital content creation solution.
- Take a lead role and own a particular area of a project and codebase
- Actively participate in decision making and direction by making recommendations on improving product quality as well as group productivity
- Be responsible for code of significant size and complexity which may require a high degree of ingenuity or creativity
- Design, prototype, implement, test and troubleshoot product features according to market requirements and product specifications
- Produce clean, maintainable, well-documented code in adherence with internal standards
- Collaborate with other software architects and developers worldwide
- Participate in architecture / code reviews and eliminate implementation problems early in development cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience delivering professional software
- Strong experience with Computer Graphics application development
- Familiar with animation, VFX or data visualization techniques
- Strong object-oriented, software architecture and C++ skills are required
- QT experience
- Capacity to maintain and evolve large projects
- Must have excellent time, task, and resource organization skills and be willing to meet aggressive deadlines
- Must be able to work well with other programmers and existing codebases
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly to multiple priorities
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of computer graphics, rendering, real-time and/or shader techniques
- Working knowledge of current Rendering technologies including rendering workflows. Realtime rendering techniques using DirectX
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- 3ds Max product knowledge
- Git/Github knowledge
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.