Job Description - Principal Engineer (19WD34081)
Principal Engineer19WD34081Americas-United States of America-California-San Rafael
Location: San Rafael, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD34081
Position OverviewAutodesk is seeking a motivated and experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our Product Delivery platform. We provide key desktop clients and services to package and deliver all Autodesk products to our customers. As part of the wider Subscription Platform, you will play an essential role in Autodesk’s transition from perpetual licensing to a subscription-based business model. You'll be responsible for leading Autodesk’s Product Publishing platform to ensure it scales with the growing demand and is highly available.
- Design and develop solutions and features for Autodesk’s Product Lifecycle Management Platform and other projects
- Provide project and team leadership to break down, estimate, and organize work
- Participate in agile ceremonies of scrum team
- Work closely with product owners and team to understand and elaborate requirements
- Provide guidance to own team and others on software development best practices
- Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Identify risk and propose mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Participate in code reviews to ensure new code conforms to highest standards
- Mentor and develop junior developers
- Research and drive adoption of new technologies
- BS/MS in computer science or related technical field
- Over 10 years of professional experience in Design and development of complex features
- Strong experience developing/customizing Product Lifecycle Management platforms and/or Master Data Management platforms and solutions
- Part of a large distributed team with significant responsibility
- Strong experience leading team of 3+ software engineers on projects
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs using Microservices architecture
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture
- Strong experience and understanding of working on Agile processes like SCRUM
- Demonstrated ability to independently deliver results in a fast-paced and collaborative
- Strong leadership, communication skills, and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to write good design documents
- Ability to cultivate consensus and alignment within and across teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with middleware like TIBCO & Jitterbit
- Agile certification
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.