About UsWoolworths Limited is an iconic Australian company providing our customers with quality, range and value. As a leading ASX listed retailer, we have more than 450,000 shareholders and are proud to be one of Australia’s largest employers, employing over 200,000 people. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, general merchandise and hotels, servicing millions of customers each and every day.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. As one of Australia’s largest retailers we provide unparalleled career opportunities.
About the roleWe are currently seeking an experienced Internal Auditor on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Senior Internal Audit (IA) Management team, your primary objective is to support the delivery of IA objectives, which are:
- Providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the organisation's operations
- Assisting the organisation to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and test the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
This is achieved predominantly through conducting assurance engagements. You will be a proactive, reliable, self-motivated team player, who consistently produces work of a high standard.
In this role, you will
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Complete reviews which are factually accurate and risk-based in an efficient and effective manner;
- Plan, assess and report on areas of key audit focus, to a high standard;
- Be able to apply various problem solving techniques to complex situations;
- Evaluate governance, risk and control frameworks across the organisation;
- Demonstrate sound business acumen;
- Recommend commercially balanced, risk based solutions for identified issues to various levels of management;
- Undertake timely follow up of corrective actions to validate they have been actioned by management, or reported to the Audit Committee;
- Have the ability to build collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Be able to manage conflict, and demonstrate resilience in challenging situations;
- Identify, recommend and support operational improvements of IA’s own processes & tools;
- Be highly organised and proven capacity to self-manage numerous projects (including non audit initiatives) in a fast paced environment; and
- Act as an ambassador for IA during assignments, whilst engaging with various levels of management to facilitate achievement of IA objectives.
To be successful you will have
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant post qualification experience (including internal audit, FMCG/retail );
- Bachelor's degree in a Business related discipline;
- CA/CPA/CIA qualified;
- Big 4 experience preferred; and
- Additionally, candidates with relevant commercial experience in complex business environments will be given priority.
We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce which reflects the communities we serve. If you are passionate about working in one of Australia’s most iconic businesses and want to grow your career with us, head along to WOW Careers and apply!
We’re social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI , Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!